This is my first Five for Friday with Doodle Bugs Teaching.
1. After several busy weeks and not being able to post on my blog I have been able to post 4, YES 4 new post!
2. We started the week with 5th grades American Revolution Trading Card Day. It was fun to watch the kids trade and bargain for different cards. Some student loved their cards so much they were VERY particular or would not trade at all. I loved watching them take so much pride in what they created.
3. My 5th graders are in the middle of studying the American Revolution. After looking at and discussing political cartoons from that time period the students created their own political cartoon. Check out my post on this activity.
4. My 4th graders completed their cause and effect paragraphs for the story A Bad Case of Stripes.
5. Today my daughter and I took our first train ride. It was the birthday of my friend's son, we took a train ride on a real Amtrak train. It was so much fun!