Friday, February 15, 2013

Cause and Effect with A Bad Case of Stripes

A Bad Case of Stripes by David Shannon is my favorite picture book! I love this story! Anytime I can use this book with my students I do :) We just finished studying cause and effect and learning to write out cause and effect paragraphs. We first watched a GREAT read aloud for the book from If you have not seen this site you should check it out. They have read alouds for many different books. After listening to A Bad Case of Stripes the students wrote a summary using cause and effects words. The students then colored Camilla Cream's face and posted their writing. The idea came from the site Mrs. Heeren's Happenings.


  1. This is such a great activity. I just wanted to clarify that the original source of the idea is actually Amy Lemons, author of Step Into 2nd Grade with Mrs. Lemons: You should check out her blog if you've never seen it.

  2. Michelle,

    Thank you for telling me. My co-worker found this through Pinterest and it can be hard to trace things back to the original source sometimes. I will check out her site.