Friday, February 15, 2013

Cause and Effect with A Bad Case of Stripes



A Bad Case of Stripes by David Shannon is my favorite picture book! I love this story! Anytime I can use this book with my students I do :) We just finished studying cause and effect and learning to write out cause and effect paragraphs. We first watched a GREAT read aloud for the book from storylineonline.net. If you have not seen this site you should check it out. They have read alouds for many different books. After listening to A Bad Case of Stripes the students wrote a summary using cause and effects words. The students then colored Camilla Cream's face and posted their writing. The idea came from the site Mrs. Heeren's Happenings.



2 comments:

  1. This is such a great activity. I just wanted to clarify that the original source of the idea is actually Amy Lemons, author of Step Into 2nd Grade with Mrs. Lemons: http://stepintosecondgrade.blogspot.com/. You should check out her blog if you've never seen it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle,

    Thank you for telling me. My co-worker found this through Pinterest and it can be hard to trace things back to the original source sometimes. I will check out her site.

    ReplyDelete